Relevant Life Insurance
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change.
If you own or work for a limited company, you can now pay for your life & critical illness cover through your company as an ‘allowable business expense’ which means it can be up to 50% cheaper than conventional life insurance policies.
ADDED PEACE OF MIND TAX FREE
A Relevant Life Plan offers some very special advantages to directors and employees of small businesses, most notably tax efficiency. Whilst the cover is personal to you and your employees, the policy will count as a business expense so it’s tax deductible and does not count towards annual or lifetime pension allowances.
Here’s how you save;
- The limited company pays for your life insurance premiums – not you
- The premiums are not classed as a benefit-in-kind or a P11D benefit
- You and the limited company do not have any National Insurance contributions to pay
- The limited company can claim Corporation Tax Relief on the premium payments saving 20%
- The benefit payment does not count towards your annual or lifetime pension allowances
- The benefit payment is paid tax free
An individual Death in Service life assurance policy available for employees of the company which includes directors. Your business pays the premiums based on the level of cover. If the person dies or is diagnosed with a critical illness or a terminal illness whilst in employment during the term, the plan pays a fixed, one-off lump sum.
To be eligible for a Relevant Life Plan, the person covered must be an employee of a UK Limited business.
There are two options which must be exercised within 90 days of leaving;
* The new employer can apply to continue the policy.
* The former employee can continue with the policy personally.
Review From: S Redman
Very professional and knowledgeable indeed and happy to help in any way, Keeping you up to date every step of the way I would recommend to anyone.
Review From : TG
Thanks again for your 1st class professionalism and advice on helping me select the right policy for my needs. I will certainly be recommending you and your services to my colleagues in the future!! TG
Review From : Steve Cargill
A few questions asked and my insurance was all sorted over the phone. C&D know our business and their own so there’s no time wasting in this process with daft questions and it can all be sorted very quickly.
Review From : Neil Webster
My life insurance was completed with the minimum of fuss, all questions answered with ease and cover in place within a few hours. A+++++